Monday, November 23, 2009

ariel


ariel is with me now
her laughter rattles my bones
her black stench stretches in my lungs
cellophane goddess of inspiration
languidly draped over my face
sticking to my mouth
her asphyxiation grip
her airtight embrace
stasis where i strain

she says she knew you
the woman with the pen
the fat pen held in your head hands
she says to tell you
you did not let her stay her welcome

she hauls me through air
red haired and clawing my nights
you had lady lazarus mistaken
they are both red in their intent
there is no white godiva
only lioness and cannibal
knocking on my mind's eye
i can see her through the keyhole
eyes afire and teeth stretched wide

i tremble in my cobweb corner
scratching the walls
and murmuring incantations
i have no calling
i still own my skin
but she is the beekeeper you know
she is both the honey and the hive
she will devour me
into the shadows,
the cauldron of mourning

her whisperings
made you bleed words
made you inhale your death
suffocating on the world
she helped you construct
out of paper and blood

and i can feel her diamond eyes
cutting my veins
bleeding me onto the page
tell her
i have no calling
tell her
i still own my skin

No comments: