Monday, January 26, 2009

Randomness


I had found you once again--after years of not talking, years of letters started but thrown away, years of wondering if this was finally the end of knowing you.  I had found you...and realized that even standing before you, I had lost you.  There was something in your face, something that said you had stopped believing that life would change or get any better.  I could recall days when your face was the only thing that made me believe in the promise of some future where the wind tastes like salt and the stars stand stark in the sky.  Looking at you now, I couldn't find anything that was left of that past or that future. It was then that I had to give up on the idea that our lives would converge again in some cosmic way and all the regrets, the losses, the broken promises, and even the world would be righted once again.  And so, I left you that night...  

No comments: